To provide the neglected part of the society with quality education at their door-steps, the READ Foundation has been taking initiatives to open schools in far-off areas of Pakistan since 1994. There are still many children yet to be reached and provided the education they deserve. The aim is to provide education of standardized quality to all the children, living in the areas where access to education is just a thought far from reality. Aspirants living in these areas have to face a series of obstacles including long distance, harsh weather, scarcity of basic educational facilities, and severe lack of financial resources, which kept them from attaining education.
READ Foundation opens institutes in such hard areas to provide quality education under the supervision of qualified and trained teachers. The provided classroom environment is a leader in educational thinking and standardization in academics. READ Foundation delivers a balanced and rounded education to develop both inner and outer powers in a carefully designed school environment.
READ Foundation seeks your generosity with your donations and charity to open new schools in those far-flung areas and make education possible for all of them.
Ideally it remains a priority to build a designed school building in the area, however, financial constraints limits that to acquire building on rents. Initially we open a school with following facilities.
• Minimum 1 class and 2 teachers to begin with, and expand periodically
• Furniture for a minimum of 50 students
• Utility expenses (Electricity-Water-Heating-Telephone etc.)
• Salaried teaching staff hired from the local area or assigned by READ Foundation trained teaching faculty
• Syllabi-based teaching aids
• Teachers training
• 12 months building rent and salary of the staff (teachers, attendants, etc.)
READ Foundation’s goal is to ensure that every child gets quality education, having said that, the Foundation has developed 390 educational institutions. Before school opening, feasibility survey is carried out in remote/rural areas, which is to determine the most feasible location for the school.
Project reports are coordinated with the donors every month during the construction phase, while annual reports are shared with donors once the school is operational. The annual report includes picture and detail of all academic operations of the school.
School opening procedure
• Feasibility survey of the area is carried out to pinpoint the most prime location for school opening.
• The local community is mobilized through awareness campaign so that they could become part of the cause and also understand the importance of schools and play their role to make it a successful project.
• Primary schools are opened during the first phase through the assistance of the donors and are later upgraded as per the requirement.
• The initial enrollment of the class is 20-25 students on average. School commences under the “one teacher-one class” strategy, which upgrades as per the need.
• Schools are set up on a self-sustainability/reliance basis, where the underprivileged students are given discounts and orphan students are provided with free education with all educational needs.
• Initially, a building is rented to start school. The organization constructs its own building in the second phase after having donation of land from local community.
• READ Foundation organizes the teaching training programmes regularly; whereas, schools are monitored and supported through regional offices working under head office
The total amount required for School Opening is PKR 2,500,000
The amount covers the following expenses:
• Furniture for at least 50 students.
• Staff salary for (24 months).
• Building rent for (24 months).
• Utility bills (24 months).
• Teaching Aids.