READ Foundation strives to ensure quality education across its schools. However, a number of schools still lack trained teachers and even the basic facilities such as furniture, educational materials and clean drinking water. Lack of these facilities leads to low enrolment and low quality of education in some schools. The Adopt-a-School Programme works to improve the school environment and thus enhance the quality of education in rural areas with the help of individuals, businesses and corporate sponsors sharing this goal.
READ utilises this donation to fulfil the following basic requirements:
- Furniture for pupils
- Syllabi-based educational materials
- Teacher training
- Sports materials
- Refurbishment of classrooms
- Clean drinking water and sanitation facility
This Programme offers wonderful opportunities to our valued sponsors through involvement in the education of vulnerable children such as:
- Communication with students and teachers Commemorative plaque, sign at the school Thank you notes and artwork by students Celebration invites.
- The Chair of the School Improvement Committee Regular updates about progress of the school.